A place to practice loving kindness and We are All ONE
As did many endeavors, our work on ONEderment Central was derailed by the COVID pandemic. We are working hard to get things back on track and will be updating these pages as we have more information. All the links should be ok but much of the information is outdated.
Create a visionary urban village where we value inclusivity. Situated on an eight acre square, four block site located on the former airport in East Austin it complements the award winning Mueller community.
For an eight minute video of the vision of ONEderment Central click here.
A four page summary overview of the project can be found here.
Create, on 7.5 acres in Mueller, places that provide flexibility to adapt to changes in life style, climate, transportation and employment and define a prototype for the next 50 years.
Make the space attractive, affordable, innovative, and sustainable. Provide incubator space to experiment and test different models for living, creating and doing business. Provide a model that can be adapted to meet the challenges of any location in the world.
We are working on a dream for 7.5 Acres in Mueller development in Austin TX. This web site is a work in progress. Please send us comments using the contact section.
This site plan is intended to indicate one of many possible arrangement of the functions that help create an intentional community which we hope will become a laboratory for aging in community and for needs driven, eco-friendly construction that provides space for people to share.
- Community House 2 floors
- Meeting spaces
- Café with coffee and adult beverages
- Tinkering space with tools and support for people to fix things like trikes/bikes and small appliances
- Short-term residence or Hotel for 3 floors above the community house
- Innovative residences meeting the requirements of people of all ages, abilities and income ranges
- Public spaces open to all people
- Garden space for beauty and food
- Slow speed streets (Woonerfs)
- Parking underground designed to adapt
- Shaded outdoor space (Paseos)
- Health care on site
- Retail space
- Accelerator space for incubating new businesses and ideas
- This space should be a destination for people in all the neighborhoods around Mueller